Sign the petition!
Add your name and ask the Shelby County Commission to raise the revenue necessary to invest in the success of Shelby County students and to ensure there are no more budget cuts!
With a total $86 million budget gap, we need leadership from the Shelby County Commission to limit the amount of cuts Shelby County Schools has to make. Progress made by our children in the last few years will be harmed if SCS must cut programs that work. Cuts will mean more teacher layoffs, increased class sizes, less access to the CLUE program, fewer counselors, and reduced funding for the iZone.
Having already closed schools, slashed central office staff, and drawn down its reserves, Shelby County Schools can't afford more budget cuts. Our children’s future, and the safety and economic well-being of our community, hang in the balance.
- Expanding high-quality Pre-K
- Effective strategies to get more students reading on grade-level
- iZone schools and other effective turnaround strategies
- Great teachers in every classroom
- Supports for families and students like CLUE, counselors, and transportation