Nearly 60% of Arizona children cannot read on grade level, leaving us ranked 45th in the nation for reading.
We will be fighting to improve this by:
- Increasing school funding to address the tens of thousands of children who are not reading at grade level
- Increasing funding for targeted literacy interventions
- Addressing chronic absenteeism in our schools, a key indicator that a child is not on track
- Improving our English Language Learners programs to help our English as a second language learners get on track
- Creating a roadmap for the state to adopt and implement best practices in reading
Interested in joining us and our energized parents on this fight to fix our state’s reading problem? Join now!