Summer Reading Challenge!
It’s easy to help fight summer learning loss and keep your child on track for the next school year: just sign up for the Stand Summer Reading Challenge.
Summer Reading Challenge Details:
- Your child reads, with or without you, for at least 2 hours every week from 6/22 – 7/17. This can be broken up into 30 minutes a day for 4 days each week, 17 minutes a day for 7 days, or however it’s easiest for you and your child.
- Fill out the reading log with the number of pages and number of minutes read each day.
- You will receive weekly reminder emails that tell you about each week’s theme. The email will contain a list of activities related to theme that your child can do after reading for that week. Your child can choose to do one or more of the activities.
- Optional: you can take photos of your child’s finished activity and submit it to email@example.com. We will post some of the photos on Facebook.
- Submit your reading log to firstname.lastname@example.org at the end of the 4 weeks to be eligible for the prize!
Note: We recommend taking your child to the library, where they can pick out books that suit their interests and keep them wanting to read!
We know that children can lose up to 3 months of reading skills over the summer, putting them over 2 grade levels behind by the end of elementary school. That's why keeping your child on track and making sure they stay engaged in learning over the summer is so important.
So be sure to take the Summer Reading Challenge and sign up today!